journey

"Happiness is the journey, not the destination."

Saturday, December 17, 2011

I have been a bad, bad blogger-girl...

Therefore, a meme...

Saturday 9: I Will Survive

1. Who or what bores you enough to mentally drift away? Oh, lots of stuff. My DH's endless Military Channel documentaries (well, most of them; every once in a while one will interest me despite everything), listening to my kids fight, sports...

2. How many members of your family not living with you do you see on during the holidays? It varies by year; this year my parents and sister will be visiting us.

3. When spending time with family, how long after you arrive do you begin to feel "antsy" about being there too long? Oh, pretty much immediately; I have a low tolerance for Too Much Togetherness, but most especially when there are lots of people in a small space.

4. Does your family more generally get along at a holiday gathering or are there generally arguments? We do pretty well, but we're mostly a bunch of introverts, with only the occasional extrovert, so it can make actual interactions difficult.

5. Are you ever embarrassed by your family around friends? I'm sure I would be, if I had a more developed sense of personal modesty. As it is...well, I've been desensitized.

6. Of the celebrities that died in 2011, who will you miss the most? Ummm... I am almost embarrassed to admit that I can't think of any of the names just at the moment.

7. When you watch a movie in a movie theater, do you like the theater filled to capacity, halfway full, or nearly empty? Does your answer change depending on the type of movie you're seeing or do you feel the same way regardless of the movie or genre? Nearly empty, because I tend to make snarky comments to my companions, and that's much easier when there's nobody nearby but us. I pretty much feel the same, regardless of movies, but I'm less likely to snark at certain types of movie.

8. What’s one really cool/useful/nice thing you purchased for yourself this year? ummm...new jeans? I don't really buy a whole lot for myself. We did buy me a laptop, but it's crapped out TWICE and now needs a new hard drive.

9. Are you in the holiday spirit yet? I'm getting there. I've done most of my Christmas shopping, so I can mostly relax on that front. However, I really really need to clean and I haven't done a crumb of baking yet, so there's that. And wrapping, but I really enjoy that...

No comments:

Post a Comment