journey

"Happiness is the journey, not the destination."

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Eve Eve

I'm seeing a lot of retrospectives over the blogosphere this time of year. Stuff like, The Most Important Thing I Learned This Year, or The Best Books Of the Year, or A Look Back at My Year.

Or even My New Year's Resolutions...

I'm not doing one of those. There are things I learned this year, about myself and about society and about specifically some of the people I choose to interact with, but those things are private. And in a lot of ways they're still percolating around under the surface of my brain. I love that feeling, and I don't want to pour the pot prematurely.

Things have happened that I don't feel like sharing around with the rest of the world at large.

And there are things I'd like to do, changes I'd like to make in my life. But New Year's resolutions seem to serve little purpose but to engender feelings of "Not Good Enough" or guilt when they don't work out. I may make a private little list, but again... private. It's hard enough to admit to those parts of yourself that you're less than proud of, less than comfortable with; exposing them for all the world to see is a little outside my comfort levels. I'll show my boobs (although I don't really think anyone but the DH wants to see them) but I won't let you know what things make me feel bad about myself. Deal with it.

Life is pretty good for me right now. I'm lucky to have a husband and kids who are healthy (hubby's crutches notwithstanding). We have enough money to get by (though it'll be nice when we eventually get credit cards paid off & the like). Our immediate family is in pretty good shape, altogether. Hubby may be getting deployed again soon, which isn't so much fun, but I have faith we'll get through it. And if not, well...the world is unlikely to quit spinning. Plans will change, courses will alter.

I hope you can steer safely through whatever rocks loom on your horizons in the coming year. I hope we're still friends this time next year. If I don't know you yet, I look forward to getting to know you. May this year be better than the last, and not as good as years to come! Joy to the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment