journey

"Happiness is the journey, not the destination."

Monday, August 8, 2011

A few things I'm confident of (about myself)...


1. I can read -- quickly and comprehensively (although I'm struggling with how to teach the Oldest Child how to do the same. She reads quickly, she just doesn't absorb anything.)

2. I can proofread.

3. I can spell. It helps to do it on paper (or typing) but I can do it out loud, too.

4. I can bake bread from scratch.

5. I can cook real food, too. Nothing super-fancy, but Tasty, Simple and Filling.

6. I can write one HELL of a research paper. (Or, I used to be able to, at any rate. It's been a couple of years.)



...and a few things I'm less confident about.

1. I can't see pictures in my brain. Only words.

2. I'm bad with numbers and dates (surprisingly, however, there are certain areas of math where I seem to excel while having Not the Slightest CLUE what I'm doing.)

3. I would *love* to write fiction, but I'm scared it's not my forte, and I have a hard time getting myself started.

4. I have no willpower when it comes to exercise. I'm good at (mostly) watching my eating, but exercise requires external motivation. And a buddy.

5. Insomnia.

6. I'm not so fulfilled by the whole SAHM thing, but...I don't know that I'd really want to have an honest-to-goodness job, either. At least, not a traditional one. And I would still want to be home when the kids are.

No comments:

Post a Comment