journey

"Happiness is the journey, not the destination."

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Life sucks

And it's freaking *stressful* too! I hate, sometimes, that I'm a SAHM, because it can be very isolating, especially when you really don't have a lot of money for getting out and doing things. And it's even more so once the kids are in school, because they used to be the excuse for getting out. Wed morning? Storytime at the library! I'd like to get a job, but...let's be honest. With 8 years under my belt as a SAHM, I have no current references and no workplace skills (Heck, I can't even *remember* my last three places of employment, much less names of managers. Some of them aren't even in business any more.) And without a full formal education behind me, the only thing I'm really qualified for is minimum wage service industry employment. There's not a lot of that available around here, and what there is, is dependent upon having a very flexible schedule, which I don't because...well, I have three kids. I have to be home at 5:30 in the morning when the Hubby leaves for work (which means no overnight shifts) and at minimum wage, after-school care will eat up my paycheck. So, I shall have stress over money most months of the year, and juggle bills, and hope we can manage a half-way decent Christmas this year. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment