journey

"Happiness is the journey, not the destination."

Monday, October 17, 2011

practicing my vocab words

I usually attempt to be well-spoken and thoughtful (ok, well, most of the time anyway) but today my brain is blown. Due, no doubt, to the effects of doing 5 (yup, count 'em, 5) loads of laundry today. All bedding ephemera: comforters, sheets, mattress pads, blankets and afghans and pillows and stuffed animals. Some of it is standard we-all-change-our-sheets-every-weekend stuff, but there's also a bunch of both-boys-apparently-had-accidents-overnight combined with a little of my-parents-came-to-visit-and-brought-hand-me-down-sheets. The only bedding-type thing that hasn't been washed but probably should be is the quilt from my bed. But by the time all the rest of it is done, I'm just not sure there's going to be room on the line for it (I already had to bring in one load to finish up in the dryer...)

And then I have a load and a half of pants & stuff, and almost a full load of t-shirts & underwear, and then there's the kitchen and table linens, and the bathroom linens, and the massive pile of rag and rugs and dog-bed and the like...And it's supposed to rain tomorrow and MAYBE the next day, so we're looking at up to 2 days of no laundry line...

Not to mention the fact that I paid bills today, and it's going to be kind of an extra half-week before payday (maybe not, but I need to plan for it, anyway) and all the dishes that always need doing and I've forgotten what I was going to cook for dinner and and and.... *Deep Breath*

I have some bananas I'd *really* like to make into banana bread. I have some pumpkin in the fridge I really need to use up and a recipe for Pumpkin Crescent rolls I'd love to try. And some biscotti recipes I've been wanting to make for a couple of weeks now... If I can manage ONE of those today, and slowly get to the rest over the course of the week, it will all be good.

And Friday's my 11th wedding anniversary.

Overwhelmed: I haz one.

No comments:

Post a Comment