journey

"Happiness is the journey, not the destination."

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

First Five Songs on Wednesday Morning

Sometimes I wonder about my iPod. Here are the first five songs it played on random shuffle this morning as I washed dishes and started potato soup in the crock pot.

1. Fly Me to the Moon -- Astrud Gilberto


I don't know who's in the video, but Astrud Gilberto was a popular Brazilian vocalist at the height of the Bossa nova movement in the 60s. This song was made famous by crooners like Frank Sinatra, but I think I prefer Astrud's version better.

2. Momisms (to the William Tell Overture) -- Anita Renfroe

Classic! Hysterical!

3. Psychotic Reaction -- Count Five

Seems... apt, after the mom one, doesn't it?

4. Leaning on a Lamp -- Herman's Hermits


I'm *fairly* certain it's a coincidence that this and the previous one were both released in 1966 -- two years before my husband was born, and nearly 14 before I was.

And finally...

5. Corcovado -- Astrud Gilberto

I rather think in this video she looks like she could have walked off the set of one of those super-cheesy (yet fun!) beach movies of the 60's -- you know the ones: Frankie and Annette, surfers versus bikers, girls in bikinis and boys in those gorgeous tight square-cut trunks. Anyway, Corcovado is both a mountain in Brazil and a National Park in Costa Rica; I'm fairly sure this song is referring to the former. Definitely a love song.

Anyway...videoless, here's the rest of the top 10:
6. It's Getting Better -- Mama Cass
7. Silly Love Songs -- Paul McCartney
8. Come Monday -- Jimmy Buffett
9. The Night Has a Thousand Eyes -- Bobby Vee
10. Andrew in Drag -- The Magnetic Fields.

You can't say my music doesn't have a sense of humor... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment