journey

"Happiness is the journey, not the destination."

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Morning ramble

Yesterday, my DH left for a nine-month deployment. If you don't know where the bulk of the fighting is happening right now, I'm sorry. I don't feel up to educating you. I'm busy trying on my new normal. Yes, I've done this deployment stuff before, but each time is different. This time, there's a tiny puppy who woke me up whining, desperate to go outside to do his tiny business. So today, we have a list:

Things Which Would Have Made The Morning SO Much More Pleasant:

1. Time to use the bathroom.
2. Time to make some tea.
3. NOT discovering the Reader had no charge (C'mon, Sony, what's up with that? I'm charging my reader every couple of days or so. I know I read a lot, but that seems excessive!)
4. Fewer mosquitoes. Or not being allergic to all the effective bug sprays.

On the other hand:

Things That Were Pretty Awesome:

1. I had time to just sit in my chairs, which I love but hardly get to use because of heat/bugs.
2. The bugs really weren't that bad (I'm just the skeeters' favorite meal)
3. The temperature was gorgeous, and the sun was lovely (if on the other side of the house) and there was that sort of greeny-gold glow to everything that comes after a storm.
4. I think the puppy is finally starting to sort of maybe get the hang of this potty-training business. Although he apparently has a bladder the size of a pea. Wonder if I could litterbox-train him? LOL

Anyway, now I'm ensconced on the sofa with a big dog at my feet and a little dog snoozing beside me (he claws his way up on to the sofa; good job the cats have already damaged the upholstery, huh?). The reader is charging (maybe I should just spring for Sony's special converter-dealie to plug the USB cord into that then plugs into the electrical outlet.) The boys are happily settled under a blanket in the playroom watching some random movie or other and the girl is, apparently, still asleep. I have tea. The only thing I don't have is my husband next to me watching the highlights from last night's hockey.

The term is geographically single.

No comments:

Post a Comment